The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Wednesday, September 17, 2008. The business and personnel items were approved in their entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education took action on the following items:
• Approved 9 mini-contracts.
• Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
• Adopted as a 2nd reading Policies #6700 (Purchasing) and #9170 (Meals and Refreshments).
• Approved a revised rate of pay for a community education instructor.
• Approved additional book purchases.
• Approved a deduct change order.
• Approved a budget transfer of $50,000 or greater.
• Approved 2008 AP Summer Academy Personnel.
• Approved SCTA Side Letter of Agreement with Endicott College.
• Approved translators/interpreters for the 2008-09 school year.
• Rescinded 2008-09 extracurricular clubs and activities advisor and approved extracurricular clubs and activities.
• Rescinded 2008-09 coaching assignments and approved coaching assignments.
• Approved field trips.
• Appointed individuals to the School Safety Team
• Approved an amended 2009-10 budget development calendar.
• Approved a curriculum mapping coordinator.
• Appointed department chairpersons.
• Approved the purchase/renewal of Autodesk Design Academy Program.
• Approved a Board member’s attendance at a NYSSBA Fiscal Oversight Workshop.
• Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
• Defeated a Motion to revisit the increase of 11 school lunch menu items.
• Approved an amended 2009-2010 budget development calendar.
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
• Work Session – Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
• Regular Meeting – October 22, 2008 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
The Board discussed the following:
• Sachem Academic Report