The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Wednesday, November 19, 2008. The business and personnel items were approved in their entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education took action on the following items:
• Approved 9 mini-contracts.
• Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
• Adopted as a 2nd reading Policies #4531 (Field Trips) and #5312.3 (Tobacco-Free School Environment).
• Accepted as a 1st reading Policies #2210 (Board Organization Meeting), #4321.13 (Preschool Special Education), #4321.14 (Special Education Personnel Policy), and 6150 (Budget Transfers)
• Approved Regents test dates.
• Approved coaching assignments for 2008-09 school year.
• Approved budget transfer of $50,000 or greater.
• Accepted with gratitude a donation from Mrs. Goldman of an upright piano.
• Accepted with gratitude a donation of a POW/MIA flag from Veterans of Foreign Wars.
• Approved modifications to the Budget Advisory Committee membership.
• Approved additional appointments to the 2008-09 CPSE.
• Rescinded 2008-09 extracurricular clubs and activities advisors and approved 2008-09 extracurricular clubs and activities.
• Approved a rescission of a lawsuit and a settlement of a lawsuit.
• Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
• Work Session – Wednesday, December 3, 2008 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
• Regular Meeting – Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
The Board discussed the following:
• 2009-10 Budget Development
• Student Management System
• Early Graduation Recommendation
• Governor’s State Aid Reduction Proposal