The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Wednesday, March
18, 2009. The business and personnel items were approved in their
entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education
took action on the following items:
- Approved 3 mini-contracts.
- Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
- Adopted as a 2nd reading revised Policy 5420 (Student Health Services).
- Accepted as a 1 st reading revised policy #5300 (Code of Conduct)
and new policy #7362 (Procedure for Approval of Change Orders During
Capital Improvement Projects).
- Approved SAT Preparation Program teachers.
- Approved translators/interpreters for 2008-09 school year.
- Approved coaching assignments.
- Rescinded 2008-09 extracurricular clubs and activities advisor.
- Approved a field trip.
- Approved the proposed Spring Community Education Program.
- Approved the status of non-public schools.
- Appointed 2009 summer school supervisors.
- Approved 2009 proposed remedial summer school calendar.
- Accepted with gratitude the donation from the Cayuga PTA for the purchase of 100 recorders.
- Accepted with gratitude a donation of money to our schools from Washington Mutual Bank.
- Approved budget transfers $50,000 or greater.
- Approved a write-off for uncollectible debt.
- Approved indoor air sample testing at East High School.
- Approved a Stipulation of Settlement for a residency appeal.
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education recognized:
- All Eastern (MENC) Students
- Erin Bresnahan – National Merit Finalist
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
Special Meeting – Wednesday, March 30, 2009 at 7:30 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School to discuss the budget.
Work Session – Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
Regular Meeting – Wednesday, April 15, 2009 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
Special Meeting – Wednesday, April 22, 2009 for the Board to vote on
the BOCES Budget and BOCES Trustees at 7 am at District Office.
The Board discussed the following:
- 2009-10 Budget Development
- Preliminary Public Hearing & Town Meeting
• Child Care Program Rates