The Board of Education held its Reorganization/Regular Meeting on
Wednesday, July 2, 2008. The business and personnel items were approved
in their entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of
Education took action on the following items:
- Approved 8 mini-contracts.
- Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
- Adopted as a 2nd reading revised Policy #2310 - Regular Meetings.
- Accepted as a 2nd reading revised Policy 1800 - Gifts from the Public.
- Accepted with gratitude a donation from Mrs. Irma Waite.
- Approved ABA summer 2008 supervisors and teacher assistants.
- Approved summer nurses, summer remedial reading program personnel,
special education summer school personnel, and remedial secondary
summer school personnel.
- Approved a military leave.
- Approved self-insured dental renewal rates.
- Approved workers' compensation Third Party Administrators.
- Approved e-rate consultation and processing services.
- Approved budget transfers of $50,000 or greater.
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education recognized:
- Elysse Sutton - Elementary School Science Fair
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meeting:
- Wednesday, July 30, 2008, work session meeting will be held at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.
The Board of Education discussed the following:
- Board Committees
- Community Use of Facilities