The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Wednesday, January 21, 2009. The business and personnel items were approved in their entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education took action on the following items:
• Approved 4 mini-contracts.
• Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
• Adopted as a seconded reading new policy #8414.2, Idling of School Buses and Private Vehicles on School Grounds.
• Accepted as a 1st reading Policies #0100 (Equal Opportunity) and #5100 (Attendance).
• Accepted with gratitude a donation from the Lake Grove Lions Club.
• Approved a reimbursement from Seneca’s Student Government Extra Curricular Account.
• Approved budget transfers of $50,000 or greater.
• Approved 2008-09 extracurricular clubs and activities.
• Approved coaching assignments for the 2008-09 school year.
• Appointed Sachem Teacher Center staff members for 2008-09 school year.
• Accepted the resignation of a budget advisory committee member.
• Approved a Stipulation of Agreement between an instructional employee and the Sachem school district.
• Approved a contract with Dogs by Andy’s K-9 Services to perform inspection services.
• Approved a proposed Stipulation of Settlement of a PERB action, which includes a Memorandum of Agreement between the Sachem Administrators Association and the Sachem School District.
• Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
• Approved an Addendum personnel item.
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
• Work Session – Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
• Regular Meeting – Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
The Board recognized the Sachem Arrows Marching Band – New York State Field Band Conference Champions – Large School 3