The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Wednesday, February 25, 2009. The business and personnel items were approved in their entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education took action on the following items:
• Approved 4 mini-contracts.
• Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
• Adopted as a 2nd reading Policies #0100 (Equal Opportunity) and #5100 (Attendance).
• Accepted as a 1st reading revised policy #5420 (Student Health Services).
• Approved the proposed 2009-10 school calendar.
• Approved the proposed 2009 special education summer school calendar.
• Approved a late transportation request.
• Accepted with gratitude a donation from the Cayuga PTA for a Marquee Sign for Cayuga Elementary School.
• Accepted with gratitude a donation from the Cayuga Playground Committee for the playground at Cayuga.
• Approved R. S. Abrams & Co. to audit the worker’s compensation claims administration.
• Approved a student participation survey by Nokomis students and Kidsay.
• Accepted the resignation of a Budget Advisory Committee Member and a Citizens’ Advisory Audit Committee Member.
• Appointed a co-chairman of the Sachem Legislative Committee.
• Approved the rescission of a co-curricular advisor and approved a co-curricular assignment for the 2008-09 school year.
• Approved the rescission of a coaching assignment and approved a coaching assignment.
• Approved a field trip for 2008-09.
• Approved the purchase of Constant Contact software.
• Approved the BOCES purchase of printers.
• Approved a resolution to transfer two properties from the Middle Country tax roles to the Sachem tax roles.
• Approved additional appointments to the 2008-09 CPSE.
• Appointed SAT Preparation program teachers.
• Adopted the Notice of Claim for the Annual Budget Vote and Election of Trustees.
• Approved the rental of voting machines, gave notice of the Public Hearing, informed the public of open voter registration, and absentee ballot information, and nominating petitions.
• Appointed Chief Inspectors of Election and Assistant Clerks and Inspectors of Election.
• Approved the continuation of services of the part-time capital project auditor.
• Accepted with gratitude a software donation from SEPTA to Hiawatha Elementary School.
• Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
• Work Session – Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
• Regular Meeting – Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
The Board of Education recognized:
1. Food Drive Students
The Board discussed the following:
• Stimulus Money/Special Education Pre-School