The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Wednesday, August
20, 2008. The business and personnel items were approved in their
entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education
took action on the following items:
- Approved 17 mini-contracts.
- Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
- Accepted as a 1st reading Policies #6770 (Purchasing) and #9170 (Meals and Refreshments).
- Approved renewal software for WebAssign.
- Approved an increase in salary for Sachem Teachers Center Instructors.
- Approved substitute staff/hourly employee salaries.
- Approved field trips for 2008-09 school year.
- Approved extracurricular clubs and activities for the 2008-09 school year.
- Rescinded 2008-09 coaching assignments.
- Approved 2008-09 coaching assignments for the 2008-09 school year.
- Approved marching band personnel.
- Appointed Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) Specialists.
- Approved the Fall Community Education program.
- Approved community education instructors.
- Approved the creation of two positions of secondary collaborative model coaches and appointed two collaborative model coaches.
- Approved the creation of a secondary autism specialist and the appointment of a secondary autism specialist.
- Approved the District Clerk contract.
- Approved contracts for school communication aides.
- Approved individual nurse contracts for the 2008-09 school year.
- Approved estimated facility usage fees at Baseball Heaven.
- Approved a service agreement with 3M Library Systems.
- Approved a Stipulation of Agreement with an instructional member.
- Approved an appropriation transfer for 2007-08 - Capital Improvement Projects.
- Approved Board of Education Goals for the 2008-09 school year.
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Work Session - September 3, 2008 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
- Regular Meeting - September 17, 2008 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
The Board discussed the following:
- Community Use of Facilities and Rates