The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, September
18, 2007. The business and personnel items were approved in their
entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education
took action on the following items:
- Approved 9 mini-contracts.
- Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
- Adopted as a 2nd reading revised Policy 8330 (Authorized Use of School-Owned Materials and Equipment).
- Approved bond referendum construction management services contract.
- Approved coaching assignments for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved co-curricular extra classroom treasurers.
- Appointed PTA Presidents to the Health and Safety Committee.
- Approved the district cell phone list for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved field trips for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved the appointment of an interim transition administrator - athletic consultant.
- Approved substitute staff/hourly employee salaries effective 10/8/07 for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved salaries for school communication aides, two athletic
trainers, and substance abuse counselors for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved two side-letter agreements.
- Approved Sachem's Enrichment Adventure (SEA) Fall Program.
- Approved 2007-08 extra-curricular clubs and activities.
- Approved disciplinary suspension for a non-instructional staff member.
- Approved a resolution reappointing emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Work Session Meeting on Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
- Regular Meeting on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.