The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, October
16, 2007. The business and personnel items were approved in their
entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education
took action on the following items:
- Approved 5 mini-contracts.
- Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
- Accepted as a 1st reading proposed Policy 5285 (Student
Eligibility for BOCES Occupational Programs) and proposed revised Policy
1120 (School District Records) as presented.
- Approved late transportation requests.
- Appointed a part time CSE Chairperson.
- Approved the rescission of certain coaching assignments and approved coaching assignments for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved the rescission of a field trip and the approval of a proposed field trip.
- Approved the rescission of certain extra-curricular clubs and
activities and approved extra-curricular clubs and activities for the
2007-08 school year.
- Approved a salary for a substance abuse counselor.
- Accepted the auditor's report for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2007.
- Approved attorney's fees for student #10871.
- Established the tax levy for 2007-08.
- Appointed evening high school staff.
- Approved the creation of the programmer analyst position.
- Approved the 2008-09 budget development calendar.
- Approved the creation of individual nurse positions.
- Approved a side-letter agreement with the Sachem School Nurses Association.
- Approved school nurse contracts.
- Approved a side-letter agreement between the SCTA and the District.
- Approved a side-letter agreement to permit approval of certain graduate courses until June 30, 2008.
- Approved the appointment of certain individuals to the Co-Curricular Review Committee.
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
- Approved resolutions to bring charges in disciplinary hearings against three employees.
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Work Session Meeting on Thursday, November 8, 2007 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
- Regular Meeting on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
The Board discussed the following:
- Playground Fundraising
- Referendum Financing
- Bond Referendum Vote Day
The Board of Education recognized:
- 2008 National Merit Scholarship Semi-Finalist and Commended Students
- The Board of Education was recognized for Board Recognition Week.