The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, November
20, 2007. The business and personnel items were approved in their
entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education
took action on the following items:
- Approved 10 mini-contracts.
- Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
- Adopted as a 2nd reading proposed Policy 5285 (Student Eligibility
for BOCES Occupational Programs) and proposed revised Policy 1120
(School District Records) as presented.
- Approved an insurance agency to provide community education liability insurance.
- Appointed translators/interpreters for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved coaching assignments for the 2007-08 school year.
- Appointed alternate evening high school staff for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved payment for administering of WISC IV Tests to GATE students.
- Approved individuals to serve on the Citizens Advisory Audit Committee.
- Approved the establishment of Sachem East Girls Tennis Club.
- Approved the rescission of certain extra-curricular clubs and
activities and approved extra-curricular clubs and activities for the
2007-08 school year.
- Approved additional appointments to the 2007-08 CPSE.
- Appointed SAT Preparation Program teachers.
- Accepted with gratitude the donation from the Robotics team to be used towards a bus for a trip.
- Approved the transfer of funds for the Gatelot Pond from the Capital Fund to the General Fund.
- Approved a change in treasurer for Cayuga Elementary School.
- Approved emergency repair of the North swimming pool.
- Authorized school officials to initiate referrals to the CSE.
- Appointed an elementary teacher attendance phone operator.
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Work Session Meeting on Thursday, December 6, 2007 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
- Regular Meeting on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
The Board discussed the following:
- Student Management Software Recommendation
- Course Offerings
- Board Budget Direction