The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, March 18,
2008. The business and personnel items were approved in their
entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education
took action on the following items:
- Approved the request to start planning for the Senior Class Trip to Washington, D.C. for April 2009.
- Approved 17 mini-contracts.
- Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
- Approved the purchase of theater tickets for a GATE field trip.
- Approved a part-time auditor.
- Appointed a literacy coach for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved special education providers for the 611 and 619 grants.
- Approved three budget transfers $50,000 or greater.
- Approved adjustment of income levels for senior citizens tax exemption/disability exemptions.
- Approved the purchase of a replacement steamer/kettle unit at Waverly.
- Approved closing the following matters: Matter of Jessica Mills, Matter of Jean Reass, and Matter of Irene Colarullo
- Rescinded coaching assignments and approved coaching assignments for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved the rescission of an extracurricular club and activity
advisor and approved extracurricular activities for the 2007-08 school
- Appointed a school physician for the 2007-08 school year.
- Accepted with gratitude the donations from the Sachem East Varsity Club and Sachem East Student Government.
- Approved an additional cost for Integra Consulting.
- Appointed 2008 summer school supervisors.
- Approved the status of non-public schools.
- Approved reimbursement for 2006-07 events.
- Accepted with gratitude a donation of welding equipment.
- Approved the spring community education program as presented.
- Approved a Change Order for Samoset Middle School.
- Approved ten change orders for the reconfiguration bond.
- Approved an additional appointment to the CSE.
- Approved a BOCES Multi-Year agreement for PowerSchool Implementation Project.
- Approved 2008-09 BOCES Contract Modification Request for PowerSchool Implementation.
- Adopted a bond resolution authorizing the Capital Construction Project.
- Accepted with gratitude a donation of landscaping from the Holbrook Chamber of Commerce.
- Approved two Board member's attendance at NYSSBA Fiscal Oversight Workshops.
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Work Session on Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.
- Regular Meeting on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.
- Special Meeting on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 7 am at District Office to vote on the BOCES budget and election of trustees.
The Board discussed the following:
- SYAG Football Proposal
- ECG Proposal
- 2008-09 Budget
- BOCES Administrative Budget/Election - 4/16/08