The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, June 17,
2008. The business and personnel items were approved in their entirety.
In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education took
action on the following items:
- Approved 22 mini-contracts.
- Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
- Adopted as a 2nd reading Policy #1500 - Public Use of School Facilities.
- Accepted as a 1st reading revised Policy 2310 - Regular Meetings and revised Policy 1800 - Gifts from the Public.
- Approved a resolution establishing a retirement contribution reserve.
- Approved the purchase of food and beverages for Academic Awards Night.
- Approved payment to Farrell Fritz Professional Services.
- Approved internet service for the 2008-09 school year.
- Approved an auditor to audit Long Term Disability Claims, Dental
Claims Administration, and the financial records for Worker's
- Approved a late transportation request.
- Approved budget transfers of $50,000 or greater.
- Approved reimbursement for attendance at an athletic event.
- Approved an amendment to the Superintendent's Contract.
- Approved an employment contract for Personnel Administrator.
- Approved the creation of curriculum mapping coordinator positions.
- Approved the donation of cell phones for Soldiers Recycling Program.
- Accepted with gratitude a monetary donation from Target.
- Accepted with gratitude a donation from Zimmerman/Edelson.
- Approved coaching assignments for the 2008-09 school year.
- Appointed marching band personnel for the 2008-09 school year.
- Appointed Deans for the 2008-09 school year.
- Appointed special education transition liaisons, special education
summer school personnel and remedial secondary summer school personnel
for the 2008-09 school year
- Appointed nurses summer programs, summer ESL program, remedial
pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, remedial reading grade one, remedial
reading grade two personnel for the 2008-09 school year.
- Appointed alternate evening high school supervisors.
- Approved leave of absence for part time-job share assignment for the 2008-09 school year.
- Approved a Board member-elect's attendance at a workshop.
- Approved settlement of a lawsuit.
- Accepted with gratitude a donation from Education Market Resources.
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education recognized:
- 2007-08 Sachem Retirees
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Reorganization/Regular Meeting - On Wednesday, July 2, 2008, a
regular/reorganization meeting will be held at 7 pm at Samoset Middle
The Board discussed the following:
- Finances and Reserves - Auditors and Sachem Audit Committee