The Board of Education held its Reorganization/Regular Meeting on
Monday, July 2, 2007. The business and personnel items were approved in
their entirety. In addition to the reorganization/regular business, the
Board of Education took action on the following items:
- Approved 10 mini-contracts.
- Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
- Adopted as a 2nd reading revised Policy 5305 (Co-Curricular and Extra-Curricular Code of Conduct for Students).
- Adopted as a 2nd reading revised Policy 4331 (Summer School).
- Adopted as a 2nd reading Policy 8330 (Authorized Use of School-Owned Materials and Equipment).
- Adopted Religious Holidays for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved a military leave.
- Appointed principals' aides for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved leaves of absence for part time job share assignments.
- Accepted with gratitude a donation from the Sachem Swim Club for scoreboard and pacer clocks.
- Approved a career and technical endorsement for the Sachem carpentry and construction career training program.
- Approved special education summer school personnel, remedial secondary summer school personnel, and summer school supervisors.
- Appointed literacy coaches for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved the Cayuga Playground Committee to fundraise for a new playground.
- Approved H2M Architects to closeout contracts.
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
•The Board of Education discussed the following:
(1) At-Large Elections
(2) Industrial UI - Unemployment Cost Savings
(3) NYS School Boards Convention
(4) Board Meetings
(5) District Office Building Concerns
(6) Capital Projects - Direction
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meeting:
- Work Session Meeting on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.