The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, January
15, 2008. The business and personnel items were approved in their
entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education
took action on the following items:
- Approved 8 mini-contracts.
- Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
- Adopted as a 2nd reading proposed revised Policy 7200 (Financing Facilities Development) as presented.
- Adopted 12 special education policies.
- Approved the creation of additional middle school athletic teams for the 2007-08 school year.
- Established the William F. Hettrich Memorial Scholarship.
- Established the Dr. Leonard Adler Memorial Scholarship.
- Established the Dennis James Scholarship.
- Approved three late transportation requests.
- Approved coaching assignments for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved an agreement and an individual contract with a per diem leave replacement teacher.
- Appointed a Principal Aide.
- Approved individual contracts with translators/interpreters for the 2007-08 school year.
- Accepted with gratitude a donation from the Brookhaven Chamber of
Commerce and two donations from the Greater Ronkonkomas Chamber of
- Approved 2007-08 extracurricular clubs and activities.
- Approved the appointment of an interim elementary principal
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Special Meeting on Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 8:30 pm at Samoset Middle School.
- Work Session Meeting on Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
- Regular Meeting on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
The Board discussed the following:
- Student Management Systems
The Board of Education recognized:
- Sachem East Girls' Soccer Team
- All-State Student Musicians