The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, February
12, 2008. The business and personnel items were approved in their
entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education
took action on the following items:
- Approved 5 mini-contracts.
- Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
- Approved a vacation entitlement.
- Adopted the proposed 2008-09 school calendar, 2008 special
education summer school calendar, and the 2008 remedial summer school
- Appointed SAT preparation program teachers.
- Approved individual contracts with translators/interpreters for the 2007-08 school year.
- Rescinded 2007-08 extracurricular clubs and activities and approved 2007-08 extracurricular clubs and activities.
- Approved field trips.
- Approved payment for SCTA Collective Bargaining Agreement Books.
- Appointed Chief Election Inspectors for the Annual Sachem Public Library Vote and Election of Trustees.
- Approved three budget transfers $50,000 or greater.
- Appointed a department chairperson.
- Appointed an individual to serve as a part-time CSE Chairperson.
- Appointed a parent member to the CSE.
- Approved a stipulation of agreement with an instructional employee.
- Approved two impartial hearing settlements.
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Work Session on Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.
- Bond Referendum--On Tuesday, March 11, 2008 there will be a vote
on the EXCEL Bond Referendum at the 12 elementary school between the
hours of 6 am and 9 pm.
- Regular Meeting on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
The Board discussed the following:
- Home Teaching - Suspensions
- Special Education
- 2008-09 Budget
- PowerSchool Implementation