The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, December
18, 2007. The business and personnel items were approved in their
entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education
took action on the following items:
- Approved 5 mini-contracts.
- Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
- Accepted as a 1st reading proposed revised Policy 7200 (Financing Facilities Development) as presented.
- Approved an architect for District Office roof replacement.
- Approved a new mileage reimbursement rate.
- Approved the rescission of coaching assignments for the 2007-08
school year and the appointment of coaches for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved the rescission of extracurricular clubs and activities
for the 2007-08 school year and the appointment of extracurricular clubs
and activities for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved Regents test dates.
- Established the Aaron Ashvin Krueger memorial Scholarship.
- Approved budget transfer $50,000 or greater as part of litigation settlements.
- Approved budget transfers $50,000 or greater from 7/1/07 through 12/3/07.
- Approved a BOCES Multi-Year Lease Agreement for three new OCE copiers.
- Accepted with gratitude a donation from Zimmerman/Edelson Inc.
- Approved McClave Construction Management as an Architect.
- Granted recognition of the status of a non-public school.
- Approved the purchase of a Kodak Document Scanner.
- Approved payment of a registration fee for the Robotics Team Competition.
- Approved the appointment of an individual as a temporary Maintenance Mechanic III and individual contract for that position.
- Approved the declaration of a Rifton Chair as obsolete.
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Work Session Meeting on Thursday, January 10, 2008 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
- Regular Meeting on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
The Board discussed the following:
- 2008-09 Budget Vision
- Peanut Allergy Precautions
- Food Service Software
- Board of Education Committees
The Board of Education recognized:
- Bree Hipperling - New York State English Council Educator of Excellence 2007