The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, August
28, 2007. The business and personnel items were approved in their
entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education
took action on the following items:
- Approved 6 mini-contracts.
- Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
- Accepted as a 1st reading revised Policy 8330 (Authorized Use of School-Owned Materials and Equipment).
- Approved a contract with the Personnel Administrator.
- Approved a contract for managerial confidential employees and district clerk.
- Approved new middle school athletic teams.
- Approved 2007-08 extracurricular clubs and activities.
- Approved 2007-08 proposed field trips.
- Approved coaching assignments for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved the proposed Fall Community Education Program as presented.
- Accepted with gratitude the donation from Reach for the Stars Tutoring.
- Appointed applied behavioral analysis specialists.
- Appointed Advanced Placement Test Coordinators.
- Approved waiving the tuition fee for two non-resident students.
- Approved late transportation requests for private and parochial schools.
- Approved the creation of two Strategic Instructional Model Coach positions and appointments to the positions.
- Approved a resolution reappointing emergency conditional appointments.
•The Board of Education discussed the following:
(1) 2007-08 Board of Education Goals
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Work Session Meeting on Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.
- Regular Meeting on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.