The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday,
September 19, 2006. The business and personnel items were approved in
their entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of
Education took action on the following items:
- Accepted the recommendations of the Committee on Special Education.
- Voted for an individual to serve as the NYSSBA Area 12 Director.
- Adopted the 2007-08 Budget Development Calendar.
- Approved 2006-07 extracurricular clubs and activities.
- Approved coaching assignments for the 2006-07 school year.
- Approved a donation from SYAG for eight tennis ball hoppers for Sachem North and East.
- Approved a donation from Office Deport of 45 backpacks.
- Approved a contract with Capital Markets Advisors.
- Approved Bond Counsel for the refunding of bond issues.
- Appointed members of the School Safety Team for the 2006-07 school year.
- Approved a change in compensation for Applied Behavioral Analysis Specialists.
- Approved late transportation requests for private and parochial schools.
- Approved the district cell phone list for the 2006-07 school year.
- Approved 2006-07 field trips.
- Approved a donation from Towne Bus/We Transport.
- Approved a resolution reappointing emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education discussed the following:
(2) New Elementary Report Cards
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meeting:
Work Session on Thursday, October 12, 2006 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.
Regular Meeting on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.