The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday,
October 17, 2006. The business and personnel items were approved in
their entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of
Education took action on the following items:
- Accepted the recommendations of the Committee on Special Education.
- Adopted the District Plan of Special Education Programs and Services for 2006-08 school years.
- Authorized a Waiver of Formal Hearing pertaining to the Department of Health.
- Approved a speaker for an Administrative Leadership Team event.
- Approved salary increases for substitute staff/hourly employees effective October 23, 2006.
- Approved an increase of tuition for the Sachem Preschool.
- Appointed alternate evening high school staff.
- Appointed instructors for the SAT program.
- Approved coaching assignments for the 2006-07 school year.
- Approved a rescission of previously approved extra-curricular clubs and activities.
- Approved 2006-07 extracurricular clubs and activities.
- Approved a date change for a proposed field trip, and approved 2006-07 proposed field trips.
- Approved an agreement with the Franklin Institute of Science Museum for a field trip.
- Approved an agreement with Mazz Marketing for a one-day seminar.
- Approved an agreement with the Crest Hollow County Club for the Senior Banquet.
- Approved an agreement with AHRC of Suffolk.
- Approved an agreement with the American Red Cross.
- Approved the declaration of obsolete portables.
- Accepted an assignment of contract.
- Accepted with gratitude the donation of a Memorial Garden at Waverly.
- Approved a contract with Rachel's Challenge.
- Approved proctors for the PSAT and PLAN examinations.
- Approved a contract with Connect-ED.
- Approved a contract with H2M Architects.
- Approved architect/engineering services for capital projects.
- Approved a resolution for a school medical inspector.
- Approved a resolution for a Section 913.
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
- Approved a resolution for termination of an employee.
The Board of Education discussed the following:
(1) Student Leadership
(2) Reading Recovery
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meeting:
-Regular Meeting on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.