The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, November
21, 2006. The business and personnel items were approved in their
entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education
took action on the following items:
- Accepted the recommendations of the Committee on Special Education.
- Voted for a NYSSBA Area 12 Director.
- Accepted as a 1st reading revised Policy #5152 - Admission of Non-Resident Students.
- Accepted as a 1st reading revised Policy #6690 - Audit Committee.
- Authorized the initiation of an Appeal from a decision of an impartial hearing officer.
- Approved the 5 Year Capital Plan as prepared.
- Approved coaching assignments for the 2006-07 school year.
- Approved extracurricular clubs and activities for the 2006-07 school year.
- Approved 2006-07 proposed field trips.
- Approved 12 mini-contracts.
- Approved an amendment to the contract between Sachem CSD and Towne Bus.
- Approved payment of invoices for environmental consulting services.
- Appointed SAT Preparation program teachers.
- Appointed proctors for the PSAT examinations.
- Appointed a part-time CSE Chairperson.
- Approved additional appointments to the 2006-07 CPSE.
- Accepted with gratitude the donation from RefLif Inc. for $500 towards the purchase of a van.
- Accepted with gratitude the donation from M. Rossi for equipment. The approximate value of this donation is $1,025.
- Accepted with gratitude the donation from Festivals of Music of a
Yamaha Baby Grand Piano. The approximate value of this donation is
- Accepted with gratitude the donation from the Samoset Memorial
Garden Committee of a Memorial Garden. The approximate value of this
donation is $1,500.
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
- Approved a contract with the Disney Youth Group Program.
- Approved a Certification Statement for Medicaid Providers Utilizing Electronic Billing forms.
- Approved a Stipulation of Settlement with the Sachem Central Teachers Association.
- Approved a resolution for the refunding of bond issues.
The Board of Education discussed the following:
(1) Secondary Program
(2) School Start Times
(3) Budget Direction
(4) Capital Project Direction
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Work Session Meeting on Thursday, December 7, 2006 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.
- Regular Meeting on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.