The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, May 8,
2007. The business and personnel items were approved in their entirety.
In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education took action
on the following items:
- Approved 9 mini-contracts.
- Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
- Accepted as a 1st reading Policy 9520.2 (Family Medical Leave Act)
- Adopted Policy #8630 - Computer Resources and Data Management.
- Adopted a Mathematics Resolution to be submitted to the New York State Education Department.
- Accepted with gratitude a Child Abduction Prevention Education Grant.
- Appointed Department Chairpersons, Deans, Lead Nurse, and Special Education Transition Liaisons for the 2007-08 school year.
- Appointed Marching Band Personnel for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved an amendment to the resolution for Sachem High School East Roof Repair.
- Approved proposed field trips for 2006-07 school year.
- Adopted a resolution for public officer indemnification.
- Accepted with gratitude a donation from Washington Mutual Bank.
- Approved an ADD Change Order No. 3 - Annex General Contracting.
- Approved R. S. Abrams to audit financial records for Workers' Compensation.
- Approved R. S. Abrams to audit the financial records of our 3rd party administrator for dental claims.
- Approved an agreement between Sachem and Suffolk County Department of Health.
- Authorized the issuance of Tax Anticipation Notes.
- Approved a settlement with ARA Plumbing and Sachem.
- Approved a settlement with Eldor Contracting Corp.
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education discussed the following:
(1) Public Hearing on 2007-08 budget
(2) 2007 Budget Vote Exit Poll
(3) Architect Selection
(4) Callaghan Nawrocki - Audit Update
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Annual Meeting and Election on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 12 elementary school between the hours of 6 am and 9 pm.
- Work Session Meeting on Thursday, June 7, 2007 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.
- Regular Meeting on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.