The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, March 20,
2007. The business and personnel items were approved in their entirety.
In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education took action
on the following items:
- Approved the request by the Senior Class to start planning for the senior trip in 2008.
- Approved 21 mini-contracts.
- Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
- Accepted as a 1st reading Policy 4321.8 (Use of Time Out Rooms) and 5550 (Student Privacy).
- Adopted Policy #5280.1 - Uniforms for Athletic Teams.
- Acknowledged with gratitude a donation from the Greater Ronkonkoma Chamber of Commerce for two graduating seniors at North.
- Acknowledged with gratitude a donation the Mathematica Policy Research Inc.
- Acknowledged with gratitude a donation from Andrew Goetzs Sons, Inc. for the Walter Dunham Memorial Service.
- Acknowledged with gratitude a donation from Matthew McGuire, Eagle Scout candidate.
- Approved a 2nd amendment to the Adjustment of Income Levels for
Senior Citizens (Age 65 & Older) Tax Exemption/Disability
- Approved an individual to serve on the Budget Advisory Committee.
- Approved coaching assignments for the 2006-07 school year.
- Approved the remedial summer school calendar.
- Appointed summer school 2007 school supervisors.
- Approved the status of non-public schools.
- Accepted the audit report.
- Gave notice of the annual budget vote and election of trustees,
approved the rental of voting machines, gave notice of the public
hearing, provided information regarding open voter registration,
absentee ballot information, appointed chief election inspectors and
assistants, and approved the nominating petitions.
- Approved the resignation of a Budget Advisory Committee Member.
- Appointed SAT Preparation Program teachers.
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
- Approved a Memorandum of Agreement with the Teacher Aides.
- Approved a field trip for the Sachem North DECA Finalist.
- The Board of Education discussed the following:
(1) 2008 Senior Class Trip
(2) Elementary Music Program
(3) BOCES Administrative Budget and BOCES Candidate Election.
(4) Stuttering Presentation
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Special Meeting on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 to entertain a Motion
to convene into Executive Session to discuss a personnel matter at
- Work Session Meeting on Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.
- Regular Meeting on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.