The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, June 19,
2007. The business and personnel items were approved in their entirety.
In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education took action
on the following items:
- Approved 18 mini-contracts.
- Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
- Accepted as a 1st reading revised Policy 5305 (Co-Curricular and Extra-Curricular Code of Conduct for Students).
- Accepted as a 1st reading revised Policy 4331 (Summer School).
- Accepted as a 1st reading Policy 83301 (Authorized Use of School-Owned Materials and Equipment).
- Adopted as a 2nd reading policy #9520.2 (Family Medical Leave Act).
- Approved an increase to the General Fund Budget for 2006-07.
- Approved a Deduct Change Order.
- Approved self-insured dental renewal rates.
- Approved a SEQRA resolution.
- Appointed an individual to the Sachem Community Education Advisory Council.
- Accepted with gratitude a donation of $1,000 from the Samoset PTSA for the improvement of the Samoset entrance way gardens.
- Accepted with gratitude a donation from Christine Spataro to be
used to purchase various items for the Samoset Memorial Garden. The
value of this donation is $500.
- Accepted with gratitude a donation of electronic equipment from
Citicorp to Sachem High School East at an approximate value of $51,200.
- Accepted with gratitude a donation of a projector from Sharp to Sachem High School North at an approximate value of $759.
- Approved physicians/physicians assistants for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved remedial secondary summer school personnel, nurses for
summer programs, summer ESL program personnel, and remedial reading
pre-kindergarten/kindergarten/grade one/grade two personnel
- Approved applied behavior analysis summer 2007 supervisors and ABA teacher assistants.
- Approved special education summer school personnel.
- Appointed department chairpersons for the 2007-08 school year.
- Appointed alternate evening high school staff, chairpersons for
the Committee for Special Education, and Special Education Transition
Liaisons for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved a proposed field trip for the Sachem High School East Interact Club.
- Approved an employment contract with the Assistant Superintendent for Instructional Support and Programming.
- Approved a construction manager for the 2007 Bond Referendum.
- Approved coaching assignments for the 2007-08 school year.
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
- Approved an extension to the Superintendent's Contract.
- Approved the purchase from Saxon for K-5 curricula.
- Approved a Memorandum of Agreement with the Sachem Central Teachers Association.
- Approved a contract with the Sachem School Nurses' Association.
•The Board of Education discussed the following:
(1) NYS School Report Card
(2) Math Program - Elementary Mathematics Textbook
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Reorganization/Regular Meeting on Monday, July 2, 2007 at 8 pm in the Board Room at Samoset Middle School.