The Board of Education held its Reorganization/Regular Meeting on
Thursday, July 6, 2006. The business and personnel items were approved
in their entirety. In addition to the reorganization and regular
business, the Board of Education took action on the following items:
- Accepted the recommendations of the Committee on Special Education.
- Adopted two resolutions pursuant to Section 913 of the Education Law.
- Approved special education summer school personnel.
- Approved remedial secondary summer school personnel.
- Approved ABA Summer 2006 teacher assistants.
- Approved the appointment of ABA specialists.
- Appointed department chairpersons for the 2006-07 school year.
- Appointed principals's aides for the 2006-07 school year.
- Appointed an alternate evening high school supervisor.
- Accepted as a 1st reading the following policies:
- Revised Policy #6650 - Claim Auditor
- Revised Policy #6660 - Independent/External Audits
- Policy #6680 - Internal Audit Function
- Policy 6690 - Audit Committee.
- Approved community use of facilities fees for 2006-07 school year.
- Approved student accident insurance.
- Approved settlements with Northgate Electric Corp. and Fortunato Sons, Inc.
- Approved a resolution reappointing emergency conditional appointments.
•The Board of Education discussed the following:
- BOCES Lease
- Website Radio Sponsorship
- Location of 06-07 Board Meeting
- Tentative Board Meeting - July 20, 2006
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meeting:
Work Session on Thursday, July 20, 2006 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.