The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, January
23, 2007. The business and personnel items were approved in their
entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education
took action on the following items:
- Accepted the recommendations of the Committee on Special Education.
- Adopted revised policies that will take effect as of July 1, 2007.
- Accepted as a 1st reading revised Policy #1900 - Parental Involvement.
- Approved a salary increase for substitute RNs.
- Approved an adjustment of income levels for senior citizens tax exemption/disability exemptions.
- Accepted with gratitude donations from: the Lions Club, J. Solof, Cayuga PTA.
- Approved extracurricular clubs and activities.
- Approved mini-contracts.
- Approved a rider with Fitzharris and Company.
- Approved a Sachem Teacher Center Policy Board Member.
- Approved alternate evening high school staff.
- Approved military leave for a Sachem Administrator.
- Created additional 1.5 FTE individual aide positions.
- Approved summer school 2007 school supervisors.
- Approved the 2007 special education summer school calendar.
- Rescinded a resolution for the procedures for approval of change
orders and use of allowance monies during capital improvement projects.
- Approved a disciplinary suspension for a non-instructional staff member.
- Approved an agreement with Aramark Facility Services.
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
- Approved a resolution to execute a certain agreement against a tenured employee.
The Board of Education discussed the following:
(1) Special Education Services
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Work Session Meeting on Thursday, February 8, 2007 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.
- Regular Meeting on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.