The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, February
13, 2007. The business and personnel items were approved in their
entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education
took action on the following items:
- Accepted the recommendations of the Committee on Special Education.
- Approved 12 mini-contracts.
- Accepted as a 1st reading Policy #5280.1 - Uniforms for Athletic Teams.
- Adopted as a 2nd reading Policy #1900 - Parental Involvement.
- Acknowledged with gratitude a donation by Steven Maiorca, who is
an Eagle Scout candidate, to improve the Samoset Middle School
- Acknowledged with gratitude a donation from Conor Nee of a book entitled "My American Hero."
- Approved the purchase of Sachem Athletic Hall of Fame plaques.
- Approved 2006-07 proposed field trips.
- Approved 2006-07 coaching assignments.
- Approved extracurricular clubs and activities for the 2006-07 school year.
- Approved 2007 summer school supervisors.
- Approved an impartial hearing officer.
- Approved a resignation and appointment to the Capital Projects Advisory Committee.
- Approved H2M Group to review punch list items.
- Approved a research study pertaining to a Strategic Instructional Model.
- Approved the purchase of two cafeteria tables.
- Approved a resolution regarding the district's border collie.
- Approved the proposed 2007-08 school calendar.
- Approved chief election inspectors for the Sachem Public Library vote.
- Appointed SAT Preparation Program teachers.
- Approved the Wenonah Playground Committee to fundraise for a new playground.
- Acknowledged with gratitude the donation of two electric kilns and accessories.
- Approved a late transportation request.
- Acknowledged with gratitude the donation of a ROCOH Copier/Printer/Fax Machine from Thomas Capuano.
- Approved a disciplinary suspension for a non-instructional staff member.
- Established a Special Meeting on March 14 to vote for a candidate to fill the unexpired term of a BOCES Board Member.
- Approved salary adjustments for security personnel.
- Approved a resolution reappointing emergency conditional appointments.
- Approved accepting a donation to pay for the Memorial Service for Walter C. Dunham.
•The Board of Education discussed the following:
(1) 2007-08 Budget
(2) Legislative Committee -- Get the Vote Out
(3) Memorial Service for Walter Dunham - Sachem's First Superintendent.
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Work Session Meeting on Thursday, March 8, 2007 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.
- Special Meeting on Wednesday, March 14, 2007 for the Board of
Education to vote on a BOCES Board candidate at 7 pm at District Office.
- Regular Meeting on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.