The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, December
19, 2006. The business and personnel items were approved in their
entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education
took action on the following items:
- Accepted the recommendations of the Committee on Special Education.
- Accepted as a 1st reading proposed revised policies.
- Adopted revised Audit Committee Policy #6690 and revised Policy #5152 - Admission of Non-Resident Students.
- Approved a change in the mileage reimbursement rate.
- Approved changes to the membership of the Building Leadership Teams.
- Approved Regents Test dates.
- Accepted with gratitude a donation from SEPTA.
- Approved a part-time appointment for a CSE Chairperson.
- Approved an agreement with an Interim Transition Administrator.
- Approved Sachem Teacher Center Policy Board Members, the Sachem
Teacher Center budget, instructor salary and personnel for workshops.
- Approved four mini-contracts.
- Approved the proposed Mid Year Community Education Program.
- Appointed ESL teachers for after-school tutoring and for adults programs.
- Appointed AP test coordinators.
- Appointed additional members to the School Safety Team.
- Appointed an alternate Superintendent's Hearing Officer.
- Accepted with gratitude a donation from Suffolk County Stop DWI.
- Approved a resolution to reappoint emergency conditional appointments.
- Approved two resolutions.
•The Board of Education discussed the following:
(1) 2007-08 School Budget Vision
(2) Capital Projects
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Work Session Meeting on Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.
- Regular Meeting on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.