The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, August
24, 2006. The business and personnel items were approved in their
entirety. In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education
took action on the following items:
- Accepted the recommendations of the Committee on Special Education.
- Appointed Department Chairpersons and Principals' Aides for the 2006-07 school year.
- Adopted the following four (4) policies:
- Claims Auditor Revised Policy #6650
- Independent/External Audits Revised Policy #6660
- Internal Audit Function Policy #6680
- Audit Committee Policy #6690
- Adopted Religious Holidays for the 2006-07 school year.
- Approved LIPA late payment fees.
- Approved "Tales for Tails" Grant.
- Approved an agreement with the Town of Brookhaven for snow removal, salt sand, and general repairs as needed.
- Approved a contract with WE-TIP.
- Approved the Fall Community Education program.
- Approved 2006-07 extracurricular clubs and activities.
- Approved 2006-07 proposed field trips.
- Approved coaching assignments.
- Established the Mary Packey Memorial Nursing Scholarship.
- Established a Capital Projects Advisory Committee.
- Approved a donation by Mr. Jack Mauro, an Eagle Scout candidate, to donate landscaping at North.
- Approved late transportation requests for private and parochial schools.
- Approved the creation of a part-time website specialist position.
- Approved the adoption of 2005-06 reserves.
- Approved an agreement for orthopedic coverage at football events.
- Approved a resolution reappointing emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education discussed the following:
- Board Goals
- WALK Radio - Emergency Preparedness
- Community Education Program
- Website Specialist
- Fund Balance
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meeting:
- Work Session on Thursday, September 7, 2006 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.
- Regular Meeting on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.