The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, April 17,
2007. The business and personnel items were approved in their entirety.
In addition to the regular business, the Board of Education took action
on the following items:
- Approved 15 mini-contracts.
- Accepted the recommendations from the Committee on Special Education.
- Adopted Policies 4321.8 (Use of Time Out Rooms) and 5550 (Student Privacy).
- Accepted as a 1st reading Policy #8630 - Computer Resources and Data Management.
- Approved H2M Group to review punch list items.
- Acknowledged with gratitude a donation of a Thomas Toscano Memorial Courtyard at Sagamore.
- Acknowledged with gratitude a donation from Washington Mutual Bank.
- Appointed Marching Band Personnel for the 2007-08 school year.
- Adopted a resolution reappointing emergency conditional appointments.
- Approved a deduct Change Order.
- Approved a contract with the Teacher Aide Unit of the Sachem Central Teachers Association.
- Approved payment for administering the WISC IV tests.
•The Board of Education discussed the following:
(1) Audit Committee
(2) Purchasing Department
- The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Special Meeting on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 8 pm at
District Office to vote on the proposed BOCES administrative budget and
- Regular Meeting on Tuesday, May 8, 2007 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.