The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday,
October 18, 2005. The business and personnel items were approved in
their entirety. In addition to its regular business, the Board of
Education took action on the following items:
- Accepted the recommendations of the Committee on Special Education.
- Established the tax levy for 2005-06.
- Designated official bank depositories - all funds.
- Accepted the Auditor's Report for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2005.
- Approved check signers (revised).
- Accepted with gratitude the donation of four new American flags from the American Legion Post #1633.
- Accepted with gratitude a donation of a trombone from Gregory Reardon.
- Established a scholarship in Honor of Ryan James Schackne.
- Approved 2005-06 extracurricular clubs and activities.
- Approved 2005-06 proposed field trips.
- Approved coaching assignments for the 2005-06 school year.
- Approved additional appointments to the 2005-06 Committee on Special Education.
- Appointed Marching Band personnel for the 2005-06 school year.
- Approved an extension of contract for internet access.
- Approved an agreement between the School District and the Town of
Brookhaven for snow removal, salt sand, and general repairs as needed.
- Appointed SAT preparation program teachers.
- Appointed alternate evening high school staff for the 2005-06 school year.
- Approved appointments to the School Safety Team.
- Approved a private transportation - late transportation - request to Hebrew Academy.
- Approved a private transportation - late transportation - request to Victory Christian School.
- Appointed a resolution reappointing emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education recognized the following individuals:
- Farmingville Fire Department
- National Merit Scholarship Finalists
- Lenore Lounsbury - 2005 Dowling College/News 12 LI Educator of the Month
- The Board of Education was recognized for School Board Recognition Week
The Board of Education discussed the following:
- Data analysis
- Field trips to New York City
- Reconfiguration punch list update
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Thursday, November 10, 2005 - Work Session Meeting at 8 pm at Seneca Middle School.
- Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - Regular Meeting at 8 pm at Seneca Middle School.