The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday,
November 15, 2005. The business and personnel items were approved in
their entirety. In addition to its regular business, the Board of
Education took action on the following items:
- Accepted the recommendations of the Committee on Special Education.
- Tabled the acceptance of a Whistleblower Policy pending further information.
- Approved Regents Test Dates.
- Adopted the days of religious observance.
- Approved an extension of a contract for internet access.
- Approved 2005-06 field trips.
- Approved 2005-06 extracurricular clubs and activities.
- Approved coaching assignments for the 2005-06 school year.
- Approved an appointment to the Sachem Community Education Advisory Council.
- Approved an agreement with orthopedic residents and the school district.
- Approved proctors for the SAT and PLAN examinations.
- Appointed a principal's aide for the 2005-06 school year.
- Accepted with gratitude the donation of $1000 from Mrs. Muriel
Foy, former librarian of Chippewa Elementary School, for the purchase of
- Acknowledged with gratitude the donation by Mr. Jason Stahl, who
is currently an Eagle Scout candidate, of flowerbeds and two benches in
front of Merrimac Elementary School.
Appointed a resolution reappointing emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education recognized the following individuals:
- Siemens Westinghouse Competitions Semi Finalists--Mohan Gautam and Samantha Palmaccio.
- Flaming Arrows Marching Band - NYS Champions
The Board of Education discussed the following:
- SIMS - Strategic Instructional Model
- Granny Road Widening Project
- New Capital Projects
- Quarterly Internal Auditing Report - Callaghan/Nawrocki
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Thursday, December 8, 2005 - Work Session Meeting at 8 pm at Sequoya Middle School.
- Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - Regular Meeting at 8 pm at Sequoya Middle School.