The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, March
14, 2006. The business and personnel items were approved in their
entirety. In addition to its regular business, the Board of Education
took action on the following items:
- _Accepted the recommendations of the Committee on Special Education.
- _Approved agreements with an interim administrator and an interim personnel administrator.
- _Adopted a resolution with the Director of Information Systems.
- _Appointed SAT Preparation Program Teachers.
- _Appointed a Principals' Aide for the 2005-06 school year.
- _Appointed 2006-07 Fall coaching assignments.
- _Appointed a translator.
- _Approved the following donations:
- a.Special Education Transition Van purchase from the Sachem at 50 Committee
- b.Chalkboards districtwide from the New Hyde Park Lumber Corporation
- c.Used transmitter for WSHR Radio Station from CBS Radio.
- d.$702.19 from Washington Mutual Bank to Tecumseh
- e.$27.16 from Target Corporation to Samoset
- f.Two Principalm Hand-Held Computers for Samoset from Lifetouch Photographers.
- g.Indoor batting cage for East from the Sachem East Baseball and Softball Booster Club.
- _Accepted the recommendations and granted recognition of the educational program of several non-public schools.
- _Authorized a Regents Test Date (Half Day).
- _Approved an extension of contract to provide internal auditing services.
- _Approved a trial agreement with OCE Copier for Samoset.
- _Established an "AMVETS" Scholarship Fund, a "Lake Grove Cares" Scholarship Fund and two "Sachem at 50" Scholarship Funds.
- _Approved the establishment of a Melanie F. Clifford Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- _Approved the proposed Spring Community Education Program.
- _Adopted Policy #2520 - Board Member Training.
- _Tabled the adoption of Policies 6650, 6660, and 6680.
- _Approved a resolution reappointing emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education recognized the following individuals:
- Elementary Spelling Bee Students
- National Merit Scholarship Finalists
The Board of Education discussed the following:
- 2006-07 Budget:
- - Facilities/Capital Projects/Equipment
- - ALC Secretary - Reduction Consideration
- - Change in Planned Balance Proposal
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings at 8 pm:
- Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - Budget Work Session and Preliminary Public Hearing at Seneca Middle School.
- Thursday, March 30, 2006 - Budget Work Session and adoption of
the 2006-07 budget and special propositions at Seneca Middle School.
- Thursday, April 6, 2006 - Work Session at Sequoya Middle School.
The next Regular meeting of the Board of Education will be held on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 8 pm at Sequoya Middle School.