The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, June
20, 2006. The business and personnel items were approved in their
entirety. In addition to its regular business, the Board of Education
took action on the following items:
- Accepted the recommendations of the Committee on Special Education.
- Approved July 6, 2006 at the Annual Reorganization Meeting date.
- Accepted with gratitude the following donations from:
- Atlantis Custom Pools and Spas for landscaping at Hiawatha
- Mr. and Mrs. Berg for a Bocce Set
- Wenonah PTA for folding tables
- Long Island Mineral and Geological Society for East's science research program.
- Intel Science Talent Search Award for the student science research program at East.
- Toyota Tapestry Grant for materials and supplies for the science program at East.
- D.E.A.R. Bookshelf Award on behalf of the National
Education Association Foundation for the purchase of books for Gatelot's
- Approved 2006-07 proposed field trips.
- Approved the Omni Group to inspect 403(b) program.
- Approved funding of the Elementary Music Festival.
- Approved participation in the annual football camp for North's Varsity and Junior Varsity Football teams.
- Approved coaching assignments for the 2006-07 school year.
- Approved remedial secondary summer school personnel, nurses
for summer programs, summer ESL program personnel, remedial kindergarten
and remedial reading Grade One personnel.
- Approved Applied Behavioral Analyst (ABA) summer school supervisors and ABA summer teacher assistants.
- Approved special education summer school personnel and pre-kindergarten summer school personnel.
- Appointed principals' aides, department chairpersons, and alternate evening high school staff.
- Appointed chairpersons for the Committee for Special Education
and special education transition liaisons for the 2006-07 school year
- Appointed Applied Behavioral Analyst specialists.
- Approved a salary adjustment for the Assistant Business Administrator and a stipend for the District Treasurer.
- Approved a contract between Sachem and School Aid Specialists.
- Approved a resolution rejecting an Appeal of a student.
- Approved the reaffirmation of reserves as of June 30, 2005.
- Approved fundraising by the Gatelot Playground Committee.
- Approved a First Amendment to the Superintendent's contract.
- Approved a resolution reappointing emergency conditional appointments.
•The Board of Education recognized the following individuals:
- Tabitha Paulraj - Suffolk Reading Council
- P.I.N. Pals - Elementary Students
- Jesse Mineo - Suffolk County Film Commission Festival
- Matthew Critelli - Grundy Art Student
- 2005-06 Sachem Retirees
•The Board of Education discussed the following:
- College Option for High School Students
- School Report Cards K-12
- Fund Balance
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meeting:
The Reorganization and Regular Meeting of the Board of Education
will be held on Thursday, July 6, 2006 at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.