The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday,
January 17, 2006. The business and personnel items were approved in
their entirety. In addition to its regular business, the Board of
Education took action on the following items:
- Accepted the recommendations of the Committee on Special Education.
- Approved a resolution to authorize individual contracts for central office administrative staff.
- Approved a disciplinary suspension for a non-instructional staff member.
- Approved the proposed Board Resolution of Public Officers Law Section 18.
- Approved 2005-06 extracurricular clubs and activities.
- Accepted with gratitude the donation of a carpeted foam floor
strip from the Sachem North Cheerleaders for Sachem North at a value of
- Approved fundraising for the Tamarac Playground Committee to
purchase and install a new playground at Tamarac Elementary School.
- Approved fundraising efforts of the Sachem Transition Program to allow for the purchase of a 2006 Ford Econoline Wagon.
- Approved the Genium Group to provide preparation for post-secondary employment.
- Appointed a resolution reappointing emergency conditional appointments.
- Approved a contract with the Superintendent of Schools.
The Board of Education recognized the following individuals:
- 1. NYSSMA Student Musicians
- 2. Timothy Miller - Suffolk's Top Scholar Athlete
3. Student Athletes
- a. All County
b. All Division
The Board of Education discussed the following:
1. Middle School Program
2. H2M Architects
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
1. Thursday, February 9, 2006 - Work Session/Budget Work Session Meeting at 8 pm at Sagamore Middle School.
2. Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - Regular Meeting at 8 pm at Sagamore Middle School.
3. Thursday, February 16, 2006 - Special Budget Work Session Meeting at 8 pm at Sagamore Middle School.