The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, February 14,
2006. The business and personnel items were approved in their entirety.
In addition to its regular business, the Board of Education took action
on the following items:
- Approved a request for the senior class to start planning for the senior trip to Washington, D.C. for 2007.
- Accepted the recommendations of the Committee on Special Education.
- Appointed a Managerial Assistant Personnel Administrator.
- Appointed two confidential secretaries.
- Approved an Advanced Placement Consultant.
- Accepted the resignation of the Coordinator for Child Care
and appointed an individual to serve as the Coordinator for Child Care
effective 2/15/06 - 6/30/06.
- Appointed a Title VII and Title IX Compliance Officer and alternate.
- Approved coaching assignments for the 2006-07 school year.
- Approved a donation of calculators from the Student Government at Samoset.
- Approved 2005-06 proposed field trips.
- Approved the 2006 Special Education Summer School calendar.
- Accepted as a first reading, policies #2520, 6650, 6660, 6680, and 6690.
- Approved the appointment of Chief Election Inspectors for the Sachem Public Library Vote and Election of Trustees.
- Gave notice of School Annual Budget Vote and Election of
Trustees, approved the rental of voting machines, gave notice of the
public hearing, open voter registration, and absentee ballot
- Approved the appointment of Chief Election Inspectors and Assistant Inspectors of Election.
- Approved the date for filing nominating petitions.
- Appointed a resolution reappointing emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education recognized the following individuals:
(1)Jonathan Espitia - Intel Semifinalist
(2)Christopher Brusalis - Yale University
The Board of Education discussed the following:
(1) 2006 Senior Trip
(2) Board of Education - Student Member
(3) 2006-07 Budget
a. Considerations for future reductions
b. Transportation - Elementary Start Times
The Board of Education will hold budget work sessions at 8 pm on the following days:
(1)Thursday, February 16, 2006 - Sagamore Middle School.
(2)Thursday, March 2, 2006 - Seneca Middle Schools
(3)Thursday, March 9, 2006 - Seneca Middle School.
The next Regular meeting of the Board of Education will be held on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 at 8 pm at Seneca Middle School.