The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday,
December 20, 2005. The business and personnel items were approved in
their entirety. In addition to its regular business, the Board of
Education took action on the following items:
- Accepted the recommendations of the Committee on Special Education.
- Approved an additional appointment to the Committee on Special Education.
- Approved 2005-06 proposed field trips.
- Approved 2005-06 extracurricular clubs and activities.
- Approved coaching assignments for the 2005-06 school year.
- Approved memberships in the Budget Advisory Committee and Citizens Advisory Audit Committee.
- Approved the Mid-Year Community Education Program.
- Appointed members to the School Safety Team and SAVE Committee.
- Approved the mileage reimbursement rate.
- Acknowledged with gratitude the donations of a painting from Mary
Waka to Samoset, magazine subscriptions for Samoset, and weight room
equipment from the North Touchdown Club.
- Appointed alternate evening high school staff.
- Approved an extension of a service contract.
- Appointed a resolution reappointing emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education recognized the following individuals:
Jordan Miller - Second Place Winner - Technology and
Learning Magazine's Digital Photo Contest for Kids Sponsored by Adobe
Digital Kids Club.
The Board of Education discussed the following:
- H2M Architects
- Secondary Curriculum Update
- Whistleblower Policy
- Public Officer Employer Indemnification
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- Thursday, January 5, 2006 - Work Session Meeting at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School.
- Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - Regular Meeting at 8 pm at Samoset Middle School