The Board of Education held its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, April 18,
2006. The business and personnel items were approved in their entirety.
In addition to its regular business, the Board of Education took action
on the following items:
- Accepted the recommendations of the Committee on Special Education.
- Accepted as a first reading Policy #5405 - Wellness Policy.
- Approved the appointment of a Superintendent Hearing Officer.
- Approved the 2006 Remedial Summer School Calendar.
- Appointed Summer 2006 School Supervisors.
- Approved coaching assignments and extracurricular clubs and activities for the 2005-06 school year.
- Appointed SAT Preparation Program teachers.
- Appointed Marching Band personnel for the 2006-07 school year.
- Acknowledged with gratitude the donation of $2,000 from the Chippewa Elementary PTA for the purchase of library books.
- Acknowledged with gratitude the donation of $1,200 from the
Seneca PTA and Seneca Student Government to purchase a costume for a
- Acknowledged with gratitude the donation by Mr. Michael
Vitale, a senior at Sachem High School East who is currently an Eagle
Scout to beautify the Sachem High School East flagpole area with a
memorial garden valued at $1,300.
- Acknowledged with gratitude the donation from Home Depot of $75.00 to purchase carpet for the Samoset Middle School Library.
- Approved 2005-06 proposed field trips.
- Approved an agreement with the Sachem Youth Advisory Group (SYAG).
- Approved a resolution reappointing emergency conditional appointments.
The Board of Education recognized the following individuals:
- Sequoya Renaissance Community Club - American Red Cross
The Board of Education discussed the following:
- Playground Equipment
- SYSL Storage Facility Design/Approval
- Co-Curricular Code of Conduct Policy - Preliminary Discussion
The Board of Education has scheduled the following meetings:
- The Board of Education will hold a public hearing and regular
meeting on the 2006-07 school budget on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 at 8 pm at
Sachem High School East.
- Annual Meeting and Election - On Tuesday, May 16, 2006 there
will be a vote on the 2006-07 school budget and election of members of
the Board of Education at the 12 elementary schools between the hours of
6 am and 9 pm.